July 28, 2004

Out!

A friend just disclosed Richie and me to four of my officemates. I was caught offguard by her seemingly innocent questions about us and whether Richie had already told her parents about us or not yet.

I feel angry about the whole situation, of her putting me on the spot, of her intervening with my affairs even though we happen to be friends and that she understands about all those lesbian matters, or so she said.

Maybe, what is even more infuriating about it is this friend's heterosexual presumptousness that she can "speak" for me and Richcie, that talking about it is just as routinary as office lunches. But no and I'm glad that I did not explain it to our four audience. The last thing that I want is to sound defensive and apologetic about anything.

For now, I just want to be angry. I don't even want her apology, should she offer it.

eyed at 9:17 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 11:16 PM Blogger bananarit said...

i don't think she will apologize.
i am angry too. a little tact would have been appreciated. where is her..how do u call it? GMRC?
i don't know, i can't find the right words to express how i feel about this. all that comes to mind now is a line from DESIDERATA..."avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit."

 

Post a Comment