July 22, 2005

Two Tales


Last night, while aboard the train, a man opened my backpack. He was sitting and I was standing - my bag dangling in front of him - when he did it. Luckily, I felt my bag's zipper being opened. When I turned, I saw him pulling away his hand from the backpack. Incidentally, the seat beside him got vacated and I occupied it. Throughout the remaining trip, it seemed the man suddenly had a stiff neck. He couldn't look at my direction.


This morning, while I was crossing the Kalayaan road, trying to beat the rushing cars, my cellphone fell from my backpack. It was the tricycle driver who was also crossing the street who called my attention. And there I saw my cell phone, its casing, and battery, splattered on the road. The driver stopped his tricycle in the middle of the road to stop the approaching cars. Thus, I was able to pick-up the cell phone pieces. Thank you, thank you, kind stranger!!!

important note: the picture is not the actual backpack. it is a wish. :)

eyed at 12:27 PM

4comments

4 Comments

at 3:57 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

ow! u r really a good writer..d ako mkahinga hbang binabasa ko...nkakapagod.. grabe..pero for sure bibili salompas yong mama and thanks talaga sa tricycle driver..and another oW! inisip ko nga kung backpack mo yong nakapicture..ingat n lng..

 
at 5:44 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

masaya nga maka encounter ng mga mababait na tao. minsan kahit sobrang down ka sa isang araw tapos may bigla kang nakasalubong na mabait sumasaya ka na. minsan kahit stranger gusto mo na yakapin dahil napasaya ka niya noong araw na yun, ndi nya lang alam..

 
at 7:05 PM Blogger eyed said...

ye. actually, nung kinuwento ko sa office kanina, sabi ko, i experienced human kindness this morning. the man doesn't even have a face in my mind.

much much later pa nang maalala ko the other stranger.

 
at 9:07 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

patunay lang na mayroon pa ring taong marunong magmalasakit sa kapwa at di iniisip ang sariling kapakanan...

marahil alam mo kung sino ako at alam mo rin kung saan ako nanggagaling...

 

Post a Comment