October 09, 2005

Conversation with E


The last time we met was around four or five months ago. Last night, over dinner, coffee, and marlboro puffs, we exchanged life notes.

He told me about the usual dreariness of life in the IT company where he was part of making sure that its inflow of people remains. I told him about my dwindling satisfaction with my work. He told me he is planning to engage in community service - part of their hrd program for employees searching for their lost souls. I told him that I am already undergoing training for a volunteer organization but still with wobbly resolve to be out of the country for 2 years.

He told me about his payday itinerary of dining out and shopping with his mother who had already stopped asking why he doesn’t have a new girlfriend yet. He told me about his plan to migrate and be dead at 40. I told him I wish to go to New Zealand to see the shire, other Southeast Asian countries, and Canada the ‘mecca’.

I told him that I am not in a relationship anymore. He told me he met his ex a month ago – and while he talked about it, his eyes seem to be catching the late night drizzle. I said things are working out much better between me and her. He said he might be spending Christmas in Xiamen with a friend but there’s no chance of formalizing it with the guy because he’s married. I said the relationship might be regained but it’s not in our mutual agenda yet.

As the coffee shop closes, we said goodbye and promised to keep each other connected soon and always.

eyed at 7:22 PM

10comments

10 Comments

at 2:08 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmnn...u make me smile

 
at 4:26 PM Blogger click & crash said...

mukhang tapos na exams ah... may bagong post na. :)

 
at 5:45 PM Blogger len said...

check this out http://www.authenticenneagram.com

 
at 9:22 AM Blogger eyed said...

di pa, burns e! tiningnan ko na,len...aliw yung lumabas. hihi.

labas naman tayo minsan mga migs.

 
at 12:57 PM Blogger len said...

i'm 8 sa enneagram. ikaw, ano number mo?

 
at 10:27 AM Blogger xty said...

sino si "E"? ex??? :-) OO nga labas naman tayo mga migs! mya?

 
at 11:20 AM Blogger eyed said...

len, di ko maalala number e.

xty, cge txt txt na lang.:) kaya lang kakasawa na ang yosi, kape, at san mig light... bubblegum, yakult, at mineral water na lang?

 
at 1:07 PM Blogger len said...

sama koh!!!!!! oktoberfest.

 
at 1:25 PM Blogger len said...

syet eyed, pareho tayo ng number. 8 ka din!!! the protector. but would it flatter you na we're in the league of marcos and hitler!!!

hmm, i can already hear somebody saying sarcastically: "sinasabi ko na nga ba eh!!"

 
at 2:56 PM Blogger saschagallardo said...

mmm...bubblegum, yakult, at mineral water...dadating tayo jan. :)

 

Post a Comment